Nothing can be more exasperating than sitting down to watch your favorite movie on TV and being disappointed with average sound quality. Most of us think that getting a good audio experience requires buying the best or the most expensive TV in the market. However, that isn't always the case. A simpler solution for getting greater TV audio is- Soundbar!
Best Sound Bars under $200
With so many choices, it can feel like a never-ending quest to find the Best Soundbars under $200. This guide will save your day.
Vizio V Series V21 – H8Soundbar
2.1 Soundbar Setup
DTS Virtual: X
HDMI ARC port
Polk Audio AM66214-A Signa S2 Ultra Slim TV Sound Bar
2.1 Soundbar Setup
Voice adjust technology
Dolby Digital Decoding
Bose Solo 5 TV Sound Bar Sound system
2.0 Soundbar Setup
Yamaha YAS- 109Soundbar
2.1 Sound Setup
Dual built-in subwoofers
Clear voice mode
Samsung 2.1 HW-R450Soundbar
Smart Sound Technology
2.1 Sound Setup
Built-in 4K streaming device
2.0 Sound Setup
Dialogue enhancement feature
TaoTronics 32-Inch Soundbar
Optical input, RCA, and audio cable connection
Three Equalizer mode- movie mode, music mode, and game mode
TCL Alto 8+ Soundbar
Fire TV edition
2.1 Sound Setup
WOHOME 2.1 Soundbar
2.1 Sound Setup
Majority K2 Soundbar
2.1 Sound Setup
Wide connectivity range- HDMI ARC, Bluetooth, USB, AUX, Optical and RCA
Remote control included
1. Vizio V Series V21 – H8
For those after a budget-friendly Soundbar with a heavy bass, Vizio V Series V21- H8 Soundbar is the right pick for you.Its 2.1 setup and 5” wireless subwoofer will give a highly satisfying bass that is very much suitable for genres like action, thriller, or EDM. A unique perk of this Soundbar is you can enable DTS Virtual: X that provides 3D sound.
Another perk is the Dialogue Enhancement feature that ensures crisp and clear dialogues. Also, it has built-in voice assistance feature. So you can easily connect it to Siri, Amazon Alexa, or Google Assistant and command!
The best part about this Soundbar is that even at maximum volume, the sound isn’t distorted.
2. Polk Audio AM66214-A Signa S2 Ultra Slim TV Sound Bar
Want to enhance your home theatre experience on an affordable budget? Then get your hands on the Polk Audio AM66214-A Signa S2 Ultra Slim TV Sound Bar. To maximize sound clarity and lessen voice delays, it uses its exclusive Digital Dolby Technology and Voice Adjust Technology, respectively.
3. Bose Solo 5 TV Sound Bar
Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar will come to your aid if you are after good sound quality and clear dialogues. The dialogue mode provides clarity and enhances speech. A standout feature of this Soundbar is the Universal Remote that lets you control the Sound bar's settings and your speakers, TV, DVD player, and other devices connected to it.
In addition, it comes in a very compact size and can be wall-mounted, so you don't have to worry about space. Also, the fact that you can pair it with other Bluetooth-supported devices minimizes cables and wires. So no hassle with fixing the wires.
4. Yamaha YAS- 109
Yamaha YAS-109 Soundbars have dual built-in subwoofers that give a good bass presence. Additionally, it features a clear voice mode and DTS Virtual: X that provides an enhanced dialogue clarity and causes the audience to immerse into an exhilarating 3D surround sound. Apart from that, it comes with a built-in Amazon Alexa, Wi-Fi and Spotify connect.
5. Samsung 2.1 HW-R450
A feature that stands out the most in the Samsung HW – R450 Soundbar is the Smart Sound Technology. Using this, the Soundbar analyzes the content you are watching and automatically adjusts the volume accordingly to give you a better viewing experience.
So, whether you are watching something super loud or quiet, you can rely on Samsung HW – R450 to adjust the sound according to your preference. It also has another standout feature- the game mode that optimizes game sound effects.
So, gamers can take full advantage of this feature and enjoy game content to the fullest. As the name suggests, Samsung HW – R450 Soundbar works best with Samsung TV. So, if you are a Samsung TV owner, you can try having this Soundbar.
6. Roku Streambar
Roku Streambar is a 2.0 channel Soundbar with a built-in 4K streaming device and has access to the newest and most common channels and unlimited free entertainment in HD, 4K, and HDR picture quality. It has Dolby Audio and dialogue enhancement features. So, it is great for increasing the volume and dialogue precision of TV.
7. TaoTronics 32-Inch Soundbar
If you are looking for a Soundbar to give your bedroom or your living room a full home theatre experience, then TaoTronics 32- Inch Soundbar is the right brand to go with. Its 40W power output is ideal for smaller spaces.
8. TCL Alto 8+ Soundbar
TCL Alto 8+ Soundbar incorporates a built-in Fire TV 4K streaming media player that provides endless entertainment. You can enjoy media platforms like YouTube, Netflix, Prime video, Spotify, and many more. It has a built-in subwoofer as well that gives rich bass and allows the user to have an exciting audio experience. The dialogue enhancement feature improves the clarity and crispness of the audio. This Soundbar is compatible with Bluetooth so you can stream your favorite audiobooks and podcasts too.
9. WOHOME 2.1 Soundbar
WOHOME 2.1 Soundbar features very loud sound with its built-in subwoofer that generates heavy bass, surround sound and other treble effects giving a dynamic home theatre experience. It has three Equalizer modes- Normal mode, music mode, and movie mode. Normal mode enhances TV audio quality, movie mode provides surround sound while watching movies music mode provides powerful bass to your music. Additionally, it comes with an advanced DSP technology that provides superior audio clarity and precision. In that way, this Soundbar lets you enjoy all the fine details in a music, movie, and dialogues.
10. Majority K2 Soundbar
Majority K2 Soundbar is the right option for you if you want a Soundbar for your TV but don’t want to spend a fortune. It gives you a satisfactory audio at a very reasonable price. The speakers come with a wireless subwoofer and vast array of connectivity options including Bluetooth, HDMI ARC, USB, AUX, Optical, and RCA.
Buying Guide for the Best Soundbar under $200
Soundbars generate top-notch sound with a surround sound effect that can drastically increase the audio quality of your TV. These are a low-cost alternative to the stereo sound system.
In short, using a Soundbar, you are filling your audio experience with high-quality sound and improved bass without emptying your wallet.
Here are a few things to think about before purchasing the Best Soundbar under $200.
- Sound quality: Sound Quality of the Soundbar is perhaps the most important factor to consider. The whole point of purchasing Soundbar is to attain a high quality TV sound. So make sure the quality is satisfactory at both maximum and minimum volume.
- Size: Soundbars come in various sizes and shapes. The size of your Soundbar should depend on your TV. You don’t want a Soundbar that looks huge compared to your TV. Then again, you don’t want one that too tiny compared to your TV. So opt for the one that fits well.
- Subwoofer: Subwoofers are essential to give rich bass and a truly cinematic feel. It lets you experience all types of audio effects and provides a ‘feeling of being there’. However, these might take up a lot of space.
- Connectivity: If a Soundbar is compatible with Bluetooth, then it’s a plus point for you because you can connect your tablet or smartphone and stream audio directly from the device. Some Soundbars have USB or HDMI compatibility as well. So look for the ones with Bluetooth/ USB connectivity to get a better experience. Wi-Fi compatibility is also a standout feature you should look for.
- Voice Assistant: Voice Assistant feature is like a cherry on top of a cake. Soundbars with built-in Voice Assistant like Amazon Alexa or Siri makes your life easier. Just ask and command!
- Remote controller: Good Soundbars will include a remote controller so that you can easily adjust the settings according to your preference.
- Dolby Atmos and DTS: X : These features provide great sound quality for both movies and music. So to get the surround sound effect make sure any of the feature is present in your Soundbar.
- Placement: Placing Soundbars shouldn’t be a matter of hassle because they usually come in a compact size. But make sure to place it near your TV. You can either place it below the TV or above it.
Nowadays, to have a great audio experience on your TV, you no longer need to empty your pocket to get a full-fledged sound system. Soundbars revolutionized the notion of a typical sound system. All of the Soundbars are designed with particular features that make them stand out from one another. With that being said, our pick for the Best Soundbar under $200 would be the Vizio V Series V21 – H8 Soundbar because of its versatility.
You may also like to read: Best Headphone for Watching Movies